Top 10 tips to fight Stress
Stress as mentioned by a lot of Doctors is the primary reason for a lot of ailments. Ranging from Cancer to hysteria or what is not in the list...there is a major hand of stress in our health and life being squeezed. Fighting Stress is as easy as it is reading the following top 10 tips to Fight Stress.
Top 10 tips for… Stress
1. Don't seek solace in a tea or coffee cup because caffeine increases the body's production of the stress hormone adrenaline, which can cause diarrhoea among other things. Either switch to decaffeinated tea or coffee or herbal infusions like vervain, mint or camomile.
2. Drinking water is another healthy de-stressing option. It's in any case vital to drink 2.5 litres of water a day because water helps your body to derive energy from food.
3. A glass of fresh fruit juice, which will provide your body with a good dose of fructose, vitamin C and other essential nutrients, can do wonders for a stressed body. When stressed, the body goes into overdrive, burning up more vitamins and minerals than usual, so it's vital to make up the shortfall.
4. Rushing your meals is a false economy, as your digestive system won't have enough time to prepare itself properly, causing bloating and indigestion.
5. The liver is very sensitive to stress, so eating lots of fatty foods can make you feel liverish, aggravate the symptoms of irritable-bowel syndrome and disrupt sleeping patterns.
6. Starchy foods, such as pasta, rice, potatoes and bread, stimulate the body to produce stress-busting, soporific hormones, that can help to settle a body under stress.
7. Take advantage of one of the home-delivery or mail-order services that many food retailers offer.
8. Drinking too much alcohol sends your energy levels crashing and disrupts sleep.
9. If you find yourself smoking more, take a daily 2000mg vitamin C supplement to help to minimise the damage.
10. Have a relaxing shower or bath. Adding a few drops of calming essential oils, such as lavender, bergamot or rose to your bathwater, or sprinkling them on your pillow, will help you to feel relaxed.