« Home | Biography of Saddam Hussein and His Family Conspir... » | Software replaces hardware in iPhone » | US Somali air strikes 'kill many' » | Saddam's execution video » | India to test fire Agni-III early next year » | A brief of Somalia Conflict » | A great and must watch Britney Come back Video: Th... » | Britney Spears to adopt a tsunami orphan » | Miss Nevada: Katie Rees's issue » | Britney Spears loosing her Identity and Celebrity »

Cisco to sue Apple on iPhone name

Cisco Systems is suing Apple for trademark infringement in a US federal court, for using the iPhone name. Apple launched its new handheld mobile phone device under the iPhone name on Tuesday, at the hotly anticipated Macworld event in San Francisco. Following the launch Cisco said it hoped to resolve the matter by Tuesday evening after negotiations. Apple responded by saying the lawsuit was "silly" and that Cisco's trademark registration was "tenuous at best".

"We think Cisco's trademark lawsuit is silly," Apple spokesman Alan Hely said. "There are already several companies using the name iPhone for Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) products. We are the first company to ever use the iPhone name for a cell phone, and if Cisco wants to challenge us on it we are very confident we will prevail."

'Revolutionary'

Cisco, which has owned the trademark since 2000, said it thought Apple would agree to a final document and public statement regarding the trademark. "Cisco entered into negotiations with Apple in good faith after Apple repeatedly asked permission to use Cisco's iPhone name," said Mark Chandler, Cisco senior vice-president and general counsel, in a statement.

The firm has owned the name since it bought Infogear Technology in 2000, which registered the name. Infogear had previously used the name for several years, said Cisco. Cisco, which supplies networks, said it would seek to stop Apple from "infringing upon and deliberately copying and using" the trademark.

Jon Noh, a spokesperson for Cisco told the BBC: "This issue is not about money, and it's not about the phone itself; it is about Cisco's obligation to protect its trademark in the face of Apple using it without our permission." Cisco's Linksys arm has employed the trademark since early 2006, and in December it launched its own phone, capable of connecting to the internet, called the iPhone.

News of Apple's launch of its touch screen has been long awaited and Steve Jobs, the firm's head, said the phone would revolutionise the market. Shares in Apple were 1.3% lower in after-hours trade, having risen 8% after the phone was launched a day earlier.

Source: BBC.com
Tag: iPhone

It's actually a cool and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared
this helpful information with us. Please keep
us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Also visit my web page ... rent bar code scanners

This post is genuinely a good one it helps new internet people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


My web blog :: worldstar

hello there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google
and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
Well I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

Feel free to surf to my web blog - symbol scanner rentals

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

my site; rent scanner

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house .
Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.

Studying this information So i am happy to exhibit that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out just
what I needed. I most without a doubt will make certain to don?
t fail to remember this website and give it a glance regularly.


my page: CN3 Intermec

Ridiculous story there. What happened after? Thanks!

Here is my web-site; symbol mc9060

Post a Comment
Thanks For Showing Interest In My Posts

Powered by Rollyo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
blog search directory
Directory of Politics Blogs
Free Blog Traffic @ Blog Annoucne
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
British Blog Directory.
Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!